Moving from one ERP system to another can be overwhelming. If your system has been in use for a long time, your people will have accumulated a great deal of skill and knowledge about it; there will also be a vast amount of actual historic data in the system. We can mitigate your staff’s fear of change, while avoiding any potential loss of historic data.
Firstly, the fear of change is a valid and real challenge where people are involved. We create training and implementation plans for each project – paying specific regard to the users, their depth of experience and their specific functions in their respective departments. To reduce the fear of falling (and failing) as much as possible, we allow for adequate time and training to make users comfortable with all the daily functions for which they are responsible. We are available on site and off site before, during and after the go-live date, so the users know we are there to help.
Secondly, the historic data in your current system can often be the backbone of decision making. Although we know the new system will offer better and more timely information in the future, we also understand that the current historic data is extremely valuable for most businesses. So we consult with you and prepare a plan to move the most valuable and relevant historic data from your current system to the new system giving you a solid foundation to build on. This data can often include things like:
- General Ledger Chart of Accounts, as well as historic transactions going back several years for comparative purposes
- Customer data and open invoices with balances, as well as historic invoices (to see who bought what and when)
- Vendor data and open invoices with balances as well as historic invoices (what you paid to whom and when)
- Purchase orders, fully or partially to be received
- Sales Orders, open not yet shipped
- Inventory, descriptions, quantity on hand, detailed transactions